June 20, 2009



I have been learning how to Motion Track for the last couple of months and have not had a lot of luck. I only found out over the last couple of months that Maya can do it through mayaLive. It is for sure not a flawless system but it is accessible to me for free, so i have been trying to learn this and have recently had a couple of breakthroughs.

This is the best that I have gotten it so far. The live action part was filmed in the MultiMedia Lab in the library at BYU. The parts that I am comping into the scene are the rocket and the block underneath the rocket.

I think the best part about this shot is the shadows, but i think the tracking still needs a lot of tweeking.

The next step is to add in some smoke effects for the thrust upward (which actually might help distract the eye away from the tracking problems. I will also be putting some fairly detailed textures on the rocket.

No comments: